Health Wright Products is a privately held Contract Manufacturer of Nutritional Supplements that is seeking a Cost Accountant to join our expanding organization. After twenty-four years of significant growth we are still just at the beginning cycle of our potential and you would be joining a talented and committed team!
This position will be responsible for collecting and analyzing data for the purpose of recording and reporting the business activity and transactions related to manufacturing and inventory. Primary role includes analyzing material procurement, production costing, inventory receipts and issues, and comparisons of standard and actual material, labor and overhead variances. Having the ability to design, create and communicate meaningful analysis, reports and recommendations is critical in this role.
- It is essential for all employees to adhere to Company policies.
- Develop and maintain a cost accounting system, documentation and records.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Participate in the continued refinement of company accounting practices and internal control procedures in the accounting function along with inventory control and valuation.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of standard costs for all inventory products. Continuous review and development of cost standards for material, labor and overhead expenses.
- Analyze data collected to determine costs of business activities such as raw material production use, inventory movements, labor and overhead expenses. Recommend appropriate actions.
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs compared to standard costs and prepare periodic reports comparing such costs.
- Responsible for the proper classification of manufacturing costs.
- Generate PPV reports and analyze findings.
- Record and evaluate cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Liaison between Finance and all production and production support departments.
- Work closely with other departments such as operations, quality, purchasing, inventory control and product development to facilitate timely and accurate recording of production and inventory transactions. Troubleshoot and research unexplained inventory transactions and variances.
- Develop and maintain reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of the sale of products.
- Responsible for reconciling inventory balances and validating cost of goods sold as part of month-end close procedures. Assist in month-end close of other accounts in the general ledger as needed.
- Conduct inventory reserve analysis on a quarterly basis and generate reports for review.
- Participate in monthly expired materials review process.
- Participate in the annual budget process.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of Cost Accounting work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent analytical skills with a sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, effective time management and problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate and work with all levels of management and functional areas.
- Ability to work well with a team as well as independently. Experience working with manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards.
- Previous experience working directly with an ERP system, prefer experience with Sage X3 (Enterprise Management).
- High proficiency with computers and systems, specifically with Excel and pivot tables.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
- A legal right to work in the United States.
- Must pass a drug screen and a background check in accordance with HWP standards.
If you meet all the above criteria and want the opportunity to grow with a locally owned and operated company that has experienced nothing but growth for the past 24 years, please submit your resume today to be considered for an interview.