Position: Encapsulation/Blending Supervisor
Pay: DOE, Full Time Exempt position, Swing Shift
Job Summary of the Encapsulation/Blending Supervisor: The Encapsulation/Blending Supervisor is responsible for the managing of the workflow of that shift. In addition, the Supervisor will complete daily paperwork regarding the workflow and report any challenges to management to make sure production goals are met. The Supervisor will be monitoring the work of full time employees, temporary staff, processes, and equipment being used. This position is a working Supervisor and will also perform duties that are being required of the team they are supervising. It is essential to lead by example in work ethic, attendance and adaptability. It is essential for all employees to adhere to Company policies.
- Perform supervisory functions with a cGMP dietary supplement manufacturing environment per established procedures.
- Monitor for proper stock levels for expendable supplies and components used within the manufacturing process.
- Assist in documenting employee activities in terms of performance, corrective action, and attendance.
- When necessary, review and sign off work orders which may including but not limited to blends, cleanings, beginning of runs, ends of runs, & closing the work order.
- Review batch records and associated documentation for completeness, legibility, and correctness.
- Work with quality control to effectively identify, document, and help resolve quality and production issues as needed.
- Accurately document any out of specification conditions per established procedures.
- Accurately track work orders internally during the production process.
- Monitor and verify completeness of all logs for accuracy, completeness, and legibility.
- Monitor and communicate any changes to production orders including quantities or changes in schedule.
- Constantly monitor the Encapsulation and Blending environment for compliance to cGMP requirements.
- Continually assess safety and insure production employees are working in a safe environment.
- Report and monitor any unsafe condition.
- Must be able to successfully pass all job-related tests and certifications required for working in a cGMP, quality environment including but not limited to: inspections and GMP requirements to perform essential functions of the job. Must re-qualify every year on all job-related tests and certifications as job or qualifications require.
- Support the production lead persons and employees to achieve the objectives of the shift.
- Assist and monitor all training.
Qualifications of the Encapsulation/Blending Supervisor:
- College Degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory role in a manufacturing environment in lieu of degree
- Familiar with cGMP requirements for Dietary Supplement Manufacturing.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and math.
- A legal right to work in the United States
- Must pass a drug screen and a background check in accordance with HWP standards.
Health Wright Products offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, pet insurance, and life insurance plans. In addition, HWP offers its employees a 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement. Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays, vacation and PTO (personal time off).