Inorganic Chemist Supervisor
Job: Inorganic Chemist Supervisor
Shift: Hours may vary, Flexibility Required
Pay: DOE - Full time, Exempt position
Under direction, supervises, assigns, reviews and participates in the work of staff responsible for providing laboratory services in support of operations; ensures work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures; provide training on proper laboratory test procedures; and performs the more technical and complex tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility. Perform inorganics analysis utilizing approved methods for sample preparation and inorganic analysis of solid and liquid matrixes by ICP-MS.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review and participate in the work of staff responsible for work performed in the Inorganic Lab.
- Establish schedules and methods for providing laboratory analysis and quality assurance program services; identify resource needs; review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures; monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures.
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; implement approved policies and procedures.
- Participate in the selection of laboratory staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
- Prepare analytical and statistical reports on operations and activities.
- Utilize approved methods, properly prepare samples for inorganic analysis.
- Utilizing proper technique and approved methods analyze for trace and constituent inorganic content of raw materials and finished products.
- Perform reviews to ensure compliance to specifications and standards.
- Assist in the analysis of samples for the Inorganic lab; utilize instrument specific computer applications for inorganic analysis.
- Serve as a technical resource for organization regarding inorganic analysis.
- To support Management during the investigations for any non-conformances.
- Perform Installation and Performance Qualifications on all instrumentation when necessary.
- Order and inventory lab materials to maintain supplies
- B.S. degree or better in Chemistry.
- 5 years minimum experienced as inorganics chemist.
- Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
- Minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience preferred.
- Modern and complex principles and practices of qualitative and quantitative analysis, inorganic and physical chemistry.
- Modern laboratory procedures, methods and equipment including computers and related software.
- Various sampling techniques.
- Statistical analysis of data related to a quality assurance program.
- Accreditation program requirements for laboratory certification.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Experience working in a cGMP environment preferred.
- Technical writing skills
If you meet all the above criteria and want the opportunity to grow with a locally owned and operated company that has experienced nothing but growth for the past 23 years, please submit your resume today to be considered for an interview.
We look forward to meeting you. This is a direct hire position. We are looking for individuals who want careers, not just a job.
Health Wright Products offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and life insurance plans. We also offer pet insurance! In addition, HWP offers its employees a 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement. Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays, vacation and PTO (personal time off).
Thanks for taking the time to get to know us & we look forward to learning more about you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Health Wright Products Inc. participates in E-Verify.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job.