Laboratory Technician Internship
This position will be expected to perform in an articulate, professional, and accountable manner. This position will serve a vital internal role within the Quality Assurance department, with occasional cross-departmental responsibilities. Guidance, supervision, and mentorship will be determined at start of internship.
- It is essential for all employees to adhere to Company policies.
- Develop and maintain a database for bulk density, particle size, water activity, and moisture content for raw materials and blended ingredients.
- Test ingredients using FTIR and Rapid Microbial Enumeration Technology
- Analyze and interpret test results
- Communicate with all departments to complete project, as appropriate
- Prepare and review bi-weekly goals and accomplishments report with metor
- Perform other duties, as appropriate
KEY BEHAVORIAL ATTRIBUTES
- Clear focus on High Quality Production
- Attention to detail
- Works well Independently and in a Team setting
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Positive Demeanor
- Dependable, exemplifying this through attendance and job duties
- Constantly seeking better processes and challenging status quo: Continuous Improvement
- Completion of at least two years of secondary school; science concentration preferred
- Highly motivated person who can multi-task and handle a high volume of work with accuracy in a fast-changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically
- Good verbal and writing, detail-oriented and a team player.
- Must be detail orientated with documentation/record keeping
- Must possess computer skills (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
Work Schedule: 20 hours per week, as defined and agreed upon before start date
Position Duration: 12 – 24 weeks