Operations Training Manager
Health Wright Products is a privately held Contract Manufacturer of Nutritional Supplements that is seeking a Operations Training Manager to join our expanding organization. After twenty-four years of significant growth we are still just at the beginning cycle of our potential and you would be joining a talented and committed team!
The Operations Training Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, and operation of the training program for Operations. This role will work daily with operations management to monitor and assess the training of all “trainees” in the program until they become “fully trained”. This includes but not limited to meeting with operations management to get feedback on progress of training, meeting daily with trainees to see what is going well and what not going well to ensure they have what they need to succeed in the training program. Training and development/improvement of work instructions being a focal point of the role.
It is essential for all employees to adhere to Company policies.
- Works with Subject Matter Experts and leadership to ensure SOP’s are in place, actively followed, used as training tools, are accurate, and put in place for new equipment and processes.
- Works with HR & Operations to manage the training records of the Operations team.
- Responsible to the trainees after “Orientation” and releases them once fully trained.
- Develops criteria to evaluate trainees against; when they are ready to run by themselves, when they are finished, etc…
- Evaluates trainers and their effectiveness and success rate.
- Develops and conducts job task and training needs analysis.
- Performs work functions within a cGMP dietary supplement manufacturing environment per established procedures.
- Develops course content, training materials, and procedures (SOPs, WI/OPL); determines methodology; and coordinates the development of training aids.
- Continuously revises training programs to meet new training requirements and to maintain up-to-date technical information.
- Train new employees and temporary personnel on proper manufacturing procedures and practices.
- Provide train-the-trainer sessions for individuals identified to be trainers.
- Assesses effectiveness of training programs and determines the impact of training on employee skills.
- Partners with managers and supervisors to enhance job performance.
- Develops individual retraining plans as needed for employees that are not keeping pace with their training schedule.
- Report and monitor any unsafe condition.
- Must be able to successfully pass all job-related tests and certifications required for working in a cGMP, quality environment including but not limited to inspections and GMP requirements to perform essential functions of the job. Must re-qualify every year on all job-related tests and certifications as job or qualifications require.
- Punctual and Consistent Attendance
- College Degree preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in a supervisory/training role in a manufacturing environment in lieu of degree
- Familiar with cGMP requirements for Dietary Supplement Manufacturing
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. Able to effectively communicate with all levels of management and functional areas.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and potentially stressful conditions
- Under minimal direction, works independently toward department objectives
- A legal right to work in the United States
- Must pass a drug screen and a background check in accordance with HWP standards.