Position: Packaging Lead
Shift: Swing , Monday-Friday 1:30pm-10pm (hours may vary)
Pay: DOE - Full time, Non-Exempt position
Overtime may be required.
Job Summary of the Packaging Lead:
The main responsibility of this position is to work closely with the supervisor, maintenance and packaging crew to optimize packaging line efficiency, trouble shoot the packaging equipment, and facilitate the training of new packaging employees. Additional responsibilities include ensuring all essential packaging materials are available for each job, set-up and operate packaging equipment as needed, ensure paperwork and finished product is correct, and training in various supervisor responsibilities. It is essential for all employees to adhere to Company policies.
- High multi-tasking ability
- Evaluating efficient production capability of all packaging lines during the shift and ensuring machines are running at the highest level possible and producing quality results.
- Evaluating the need for maintenance assistance and prioritizing maintenance requests.
- Manage crewing for packaging: assigning tasks, communicating expectations, and evaluating results.
- Set-up and breakdown of machines on all packaging lines. Work is based on specific guidelines for all machines. Set-up may consist of installation, changes and adjustments to machines. Set-up activities may require the use of hand tools. Machines include, but are not limited to the following: bottle orientor, desiccant, CVC capsule counter, metal detector, cotton inserter, lidder, induction sealer, labeler, code dater, neck/ full size bander, and carton former.
- Minor, simple adjustments to machines may need to be made during packaging of product. Adjustment may require the use of hand tools.
- Facilitate moving in/and removing all needed raw and packaging materials to work centers as applicable. This includes but is not limited to the following: capsules, bottles, desiccants, cotton, lids, labels, neck bands, cardboard boxes.
- Visually and manually inspect finished bottles/boxes to inspection guidelines to ensure accuracy and quality standards.
- Check and correct any conditions which are not conducive to a safe, clean work place. Report any safety problems immediately.
- Works with Quality Control to packaging/labeling related challenges.
- Must be able to use pallet jack, and be (or become) forklift certified.
- Complete and check documentation.
- Comfortable with communicating and giving feedback as needed to employees and management.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area including: cleaning machines, breakdown of machine, tools and area around work stations.
- Train new operators and/or participate in a task force to improve and establish company procedures and operations.
Qualifications of the Packaging Lead:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Three to six years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Target industries include pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, electronic, chemical, cosmetics and food.
- Preferred experience with packaging equipment.
- Ability to read and write Basic English, basic shop math skills, algebra, and basic computer skills.
- Experience with FDA/cGMP compliance is preferred
- National Career Readiness Certificate ( NCRC) preferred
- A legal right to work in the United States
- Must pass a drug screen and a background check in accordance with HWP standards.
Health Wright Products offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance and life insurance plans. We also offer pet insurance! In addition, HWP offers its employees a 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement. Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays, vacation and PTO (personal time off).
Thank you for taking the time to get to know us & we look forward to learning more about you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Health Wright Products Inc. participates in E-Verify.