Physical Characteristics Lab Tech
Position: Ingredient Physical Lab Technician
Shift: 2pm - 10:30pm
Job Summary of the Ingredient Physical Lab Technician
The main responsibility of this position is to perform physical characterisitc testing of raw materials used within the dietary supplement manufacturing process by following cGMP guidelines and established procedures. This position works closely with and supports the Quality Control Technician - Raw Material as well as the Raw Material Quality Coordinator as needed.
- Conduct physical testing of raw materials, finished products, and stability samples on a routine basis.
- Analyze and accurately record analytical data to support production, product development, and quality control.
- Assist in method development and SOP preperation as needed.
- Analyze and document analytical results in accordance with cGMP regulations.
- Upkeep laboratory space in a professional manner.
- Maintain the necessary equipment maintenance and calibrations.
- Per established procedures, review incoming raw material Certificates-of-Analysis for compliance to purchase specifications, sample, quarentine, and label approved raw materials used within the manufacturing process for dietary supplements.
- Sampling/labeling materials lifting/stacking up to and including 60lbs daily.
- Process raw materials for rejection per established procedures in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Quality Control and Quality Assurance to insure proper sampling for all raw materials as per established sampling plans for raw materials.
- Assist in maintaining raw material specifications.
- Submit raw material samples for internal and contract laboratory analysis in a timely manner.
- Document any internal non-conformances and out-of-specification conditions, investigate the root cause, recommend corrective actions, and make appropriate decisions for resolving such non-conformances and out-of-specification conditions.
- Communicate any non-conformance issues in a timely fashion to customer service, purchasing, and other appropriate staff.
- To support the QC Manager or others during the investigations for any non-conformances or customer complaints.
- Maintain the organization of raw material sample room to adhere to GMPs sanitaion and cleanliness
Qualifications of the Ingredient Physical Lab Technician
- A.S. degree in Food Science, Biology, or Chemistry preferred
- 2 years' experience in a manufacturing environment preferably within quality control
- Experience with FDA/cGMP compliance preferred
- Experience with MS Office
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Ability to work independently
- Requires a well-developed ability to read, write, and speak English in relation to topics of a complex or technical nature
- A legal right to work in the United States
Benefits: Health Wright Products offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, pet insurance, and life insurance plans. In addition, HWP offers its employees a 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement. Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays, vacation and PTO (personal time off).
Thanks for taking the time to get to know us & we look forward to learning more about you!