Position: Purchasing Manager
Shift: Office Hours, Position may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week
Pay: DOE - Full Time, Exempt position
Job Summary of the Purchasing Manager:
Ensure all purchased materials are consistent with customer & regulatory specifications, purchased cost effectively, and delivered within proscribed lead time. Establish and maintain inventory levels appropriate to support uninterrupted production and maintain superior customer service levels. Manage and mentor purchasing, costing and inventory department.
Essential Functions include:
• Responsible to procure all raw materials as well as packaging materials ensuring consistency with regulatory specifications and testing criteria and that receipt is within sufficient time & quantity to meet production schedules.
• Initiate and maintain supplier relationships with all vendors/manufacturers.
• Monitor and analyze market trends.
• Negotiate supply agreements for all raw and packaging materials as deemed appropriate.
• Negotiate and execute contracts on other goods and services, when needed.
• Manages and investigates cost reduction plans and/or alternate sources of supply, working with Production, QA, QC, and Regulatory Departments.
• Interact with QA, QC, and Regulatory Departments to resolve quality, regulatory and cGMP issues, or other information requests.
• Work with production scheduling to understand production plan and plan changes.
• Interact with appropriate groups to understand demand, future product needs, and customer bids/new business and provide assessments with regards to ability to supply.
• Perform Semi Annual Review Meetings with key vendors identifying key performance indicators and improvements needed to gain efficiency in output and spend.
• Audit and supervise the purchasing teams monthly ordering of raw and packaging materials.
• Audit and supervise plan for release dates and maintenance of inventory levels of critical high value raw and packaging materials.
• Authorize payment of invoice or returned materials, as needed.
• Resolves discrepancies related to invoices, packing slips and billing, approves invoices for payment, as needed.
Qualifications of the Purchasing Manager:
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or related discipline preferred
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a procurement manager role.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing direct reports.
• Experience preferred in Pharmaceutical, Chemical, food or non-durable goods manufacturing.
• Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office suite of products, (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) Other program knowledge preferred: SAGE, Batch Master, MRP reporting.
• Ability to excel in a regulated environment, having the confidence to work directly with vendors at a technically detailed level.
• Proven project management skills involving multiple simultaneous projects, with attention to detail and project completion.
• Excellent communication skills. Logical and persuasive.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
• MRP experience a must.
• Detail oriented, analytical thinker
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Entrepreneurial approach to managing and proven ability to inspire, motivate, and mentor
• Experience with FDA/cGMP compliance is preferred
Health Wright Products offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, pet insurance, and life insurance plans. In addition, HWP offers its employees a 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement. Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays, vacation and PTO (personal time off).
For those applying out of the area: We love working for such an awesome company within the beautiful Pacific NW and understand your motivation to do the same! Please recognize when applying for our positions that relocation packages are not being offered at this time.
Thank you for taking the time to get to know us & we look forward to learning more about you!