Quality Control Supervisor
Position: Quality Control Supervisor
Shift: 7am-3:30pm Monday-Friday, Ability to change shifts as needed.
Average weekly hours 40-45 hours, overtime may be required based on business needs
Pay: Exempt, DOE
Job Summary of the QC Supervisor:
The QC Supervisor will support, coordinate, and enforce oversight of the quality control systems and processes within a cGMP compliant dietary supplement manufacturing environment. Serve as technical resource and team leader within the quality group. Reviews and assigns job duties for members within the quality control group in order to meet the demands of quality and production. Oversee the timely and proper handling of all manufacturing processes. Perform auditing functions throughout the organization to ensure compliance of cGMP’s. Effectively communicates with all levels of management, customer service, production staff, vendors and customers for any quality related events within the organization. It is essential for all employees to adhere to Company policies.
- Provides effective supervision to Quality Control Lead & Quality Control Analyst I, by providing coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Mentor team members and identify deficits in employee knowledge and organize training materials.
- Document employee activities in terms of performance, corrective action, and attendance.
- Make recommendations for improvements to quality control procedures.
- Assist the QA Manager in leading quality initiatives, quality audits, and quality metrics.
- Assist the QA Manager in maintaining Food Safety Program
- Interfaces with the internal trainer to coordinate training for the quality group
- Maintains Environmental Testing Programs
- Assist supervisors in resolving Quality Control issues, tracking quality trends, recommending and implementing plans to improve quality and production efficiency
- Ensure compliance and record keeping for all mandated quality checks, testing, sampling and other manufacturing activities.
- Responsible for quality control activities for documenting any internal non-conformances and out-of-specification conditions, investigating root cause, corrective actions, and making appropriate decisions.
- Use continuous improvement methodologies and projects to improve and streamline quality processes.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications of the QC Supervisor:
- BA/BS in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology and/or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in FDA regulated food processing environment with a good working knowledge of GMP’s (FDA 21 CFR Part 111) preferred
- Minimum 1-3years of quality assurance/control experience, strong scientific & analytical skills.
- Minimum 1-3 years in a hands on supervisory/leadership role with 2-8 direct reports
- PCQI preferred
- Highly motivated person who is able to multi-task and handle a high volume of work with accuracy in a fast changing environment.
- Require a general knowledge of manufacturing methods and equipment
- Good verbal and writing, detail-oriented and a team player.
- Must be detail orientated with documentation/record keeping
- Must possess computer skills (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
Health Wright Products offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance and life insurance plans. We also offer pet insurance! In addition, HWP offers its employees a 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement. Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays, vacation and PTO (personal time off).
For those applying out of the area: We love working for such an awesome company within the beautiful Pacific NW and understand your motivation to do the same! Please recognize when applying for our positions that relocation packages are not being offered at this time.
Thank you for taking the time to get to know us & we look forward to learning more about you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Health Wright Products Inc. participates in E-Verify.
•Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
•Please, no phone calls about this job.