Quality Systems Manager
Health Wright Products is a privately held Contract Manufacturer of Nutritional Supplements that is seeking a Quality Systems Manager to join our expanding organization. After twenty-three years of significant growth we are still just at the beginning cycle of our potential and you would be joining a talented and committed team!
Support, coordinate, and enforce oversight of documented quality systems and processes within a cGMP compliant dietary supplement manufacturing environment. Serve as a technical resource and team leader within a quality group, during audits and throughout the organization. Reviews and assigns job duties for members within the quality group on an as-needed basis to meet the demands of quality and production. Perform auditing functions throughout the organization to ensure compliance and documentation systems and cGMP on a periodic and ongoing basis. Effectively communicates with all levels of management, customer service, production staff, vendors and customers for any quality related events within the organization.
- Ensure strict adherence to established policy and procedures, functional procedures and GMP protocols relating to quality in a dietary supplement manufacturing environment.
- Develops, implements, and maintains Quality systems to assure the highest possible quality standards in all incoming raw materials, outgoing finished products and the manufacturing environment.
- Oversees department supervisors and evaluates their performance to assure that all policies, procedures, programs and systems are fully implemented.
- Ensures and oversees customer/consumer complaint investigations, implements corrective and preventive actions and provides responses and reports in a timely manner. Aids account management when technical expertise is needed.
- Oversees quality programs that are developed and/or required by customers and works closely with account management and or customers to understand the customers’ requirements and product specifications.
- Manages the Certificates of Analyses (COA’s) program required by the customer base.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of quality and food safety related training.
- Supports manufacturing in meeting product safety and quality objectives, goals, strategies, and measures.
- Provides risk management strategies in support of manufacturing facility innovation, commercialization and productivity projects
- Help develop, implement and maintain standard operational and functional procedures for quality operations.
- Maintains GMP training records, investigate, and document quality related issues in timely manner.
- Supports continuous improvement in internal GMP, Food Safety, and Quality Management System audits and support the manufacturing plant in effective closure of identified gap
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a Food Science or Technology or Laboratory Science (such as biology, chemistry or physics, etc.) is required
- Five plus years of experience in managing quality operations in a food, pharmaceutical or dietary supplement-manufacturing environment required.
- Must be a strong communicator with comprehensive hands-on experience in both food manufacturing / operations and QC lab environments.
- Strong leadership skills in managing change as well as managing the activities of technically based employees.
- Highly proficient in popular computer software / desktop applications (such as MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Visio, etc.)
- Must be capable of serving as a “customer advocate” within the HWP environment. Requires a general knowledge of manufacturing methods and equipment.
If you meet all the above criteria and want the opportunity to grow with a locally owned and operated company that has experienced nothing but growth for the past 23 years, please submit your resume today to be considered for an interview.
Health Wright Products offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and life insurance plans. We also offer pet insurance! In addition, HWP offers its employees a 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement. Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays, vacation and PTO (personal time off).
Thanks for taking the time to get to know us & we look forward to learning more about you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Health Wright Products Inc. participates in E-Verify.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job.