Position: Warehouse Manager
Pay: DOE, Exempt
The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for overseeing a wide range of warehouse activities, including but not limited to the shipping and receiving of materials, packaging components, and finished goods. Additional responsibilities include maintaining accurate inventory of materials and goods, setting up/breaking down component items to meet manufacturing needs. This person is a highly organized individual who is knowledgeable about the company’s products and materials, and how the materials should be stored and even maintained. The supervisor will be responsible for pulling stock, preparing orders, handling all incoming shipments, organizing the warehouse, operating the reach truck and forklift, becoming a certified forklift trainer, and tracking and entering shipping and receiving information using the company’s software. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Provide leadership and supervision in a cGMP manufacturing environment for the warehouse and associated personnel. Effectively motivate, train and communicate with their assigned teams to assure superior levels of accuracy, safety, reliability, sanitation, and quality. Insure individual and team levels of performance meet or exceed goals and expectations.
- Lead and assist in daily warehouse, shipping/receiving, and inventory duties.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, certificates of analysis, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment. Document and follow up as needed.
- Prepare documents, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Determine shipping methods and requirements for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates. This will involve working closely with the Purchasing and Sales/Account Management departments.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, equipment condition, and damages/discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Contact designated carrier representative to make transportation arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials. This includes setting up appointments for inbound and outbound loads.
- Requisition and store shipping and packing materials and supplies to maintain inventory on stock.
- Package, seal, label, and prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and computer equipment.
- Track and enter shipping and receiving information using written and/or electronic methods.
- Supervise and assist Warehouse Associates to maintain appropriate inventory of materials through periodic cycle counts.
- Supervise and assist with picking and staging of packaging and/or raw materials to support manufacturing.
- Train warehouse and production employees on proper forklift, reach truck, and pallet jack operating procedures.
- High School diploma or GED required
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience in a warehouse environment, desirable
- Required ability to read, write, and communicate with English language.
- Basic math and computer skills required, experience with an ERP system desirable
- Experience with a high reach truck, and various PIT equipment desirable, a willingness to get certified as a PIT operator and instructor required
For those applying out of the area: We love working for such an awesome company within the beautiful Pacific NW and understand your motivation to do the same! Please recognize when applying for our positions that relocation packages are not being offered at this time.
Thank you for taking the time to get to know us & we look forward to learning more about you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We participate in E-Verify.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. •Please, no phone calls about this job.